Ciao People!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Au Pair Work

Hey Mel, Dave tells me that you are looking seriously into au pair work in Italy?

Here's some info you can look into to help you get an idea.

The agency I used was JCR Australia, but all the au pairs I've met here found their families online and I didn't really think that my agency did much at all, I'm the one who had to follow things up even though I've paid them a fee. I'd say go through the net, I've listed some sites my friends used. Also as au pair are really common here, I think in Italy too it's fairly easy to find work, even really close to when you are going to start (like a week before).

Great Au Pair
Au Pair World

There's actually heaps of sites, if you type 'au pair' in google heaps of sites come up, but these are the ones I've heard used most.

It is a really great experience and is the best way to learn a language as well as being the cheapest and you live with a family of that country. Although you're not as independant because you are living with a family which can be hard. If you find a nice normal family it's not too bad but I know a lot of girls whose families are complete wackos, hence they are changing or have changed families.

Hope this helps Mel! And for anyone else who is interested.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Bella,

    Thanks for the heads-up! Yeh, I'd like to nanny in Italy next year, I think it's a great opportunity to have a break from social work and at the same time immerse myself in all the wonders of Italian culture.
    I also looked into that JCR program. I guess $900- is a bit of money, given that you didn't find them all that helpful. Sounds like I should organise it myself once I get to London. Your advice/help is appreciated. Talk to you soon, lots of luv, Mel xxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home