Ciao People!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Delayed Greetings!

Hey, sorry guys... I also want to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas and New Year, I hope everyone enjoyed the festivities.

Dave came to visit me in France, arriving on Christmas Eve and leaving on New Year's Day.

It was awesome, the night he arrived, even though he was extreamly tired (he'd only slept three hours as he had just worked a night shift) we had a huge french Christmas dinner! Friends of the family celebrated Christmas with us. The food was great! As Edouard used to be a chef he had prepared the meal.

Here's some pics from the night...



Mathilde with the entrée.



Some 'canapés'...



Ellen, her two daughters Charlotte and Marijck, Gisele and Mathilde.



Edouard in the kitchen preparing the main.



The dessert! And there was also two 'Bouche de Noel' which is a Christmas Log, one was stawberry and the other chocolate filled with cream. It's a french tradion to eat this cake at Christmas.



Marijck, Mathilde and Charlotte



Dave with Loic and Lucas.



Another shot of Dave with the kiddies. Oh how they loved playing with him!


In France after midnight the kiddies can open their pressies! So even the little ones had a big night staying up until around 2am!

Most of the time we just chilled out at the house with the kids, eating lots of food but went to Paris and did some serious shopping, we found two pairs of jeans for Dave! That was pretty successful! And also went out to dinner a Japanese restaurant that I'd been to with my friends before, Dave will agree the salmon is amazing.

For New Year's Eve, Dave and I went out for dinner at a nice restaurant 'francais', the meal was ok but the desserts were delicious! Dave had a tarte tartin and I had creme brulee! Yum! Afterwards we headed to the Champs-Elysées like just about everyone else to celebrate the New Year.

Some pics...



Au restaurant...



Dave with his tarte tartin...



C'est moi aux Champs-Elysées avec l'Arc de triomphe derrière...



Dave and I at the New Year!

Today the kids went back to school after two weeks holidays, so I promise I will try and update more often.

Gros Bisous!

4 Comments:

  • EPIC

    Nice post :)

    Yes it was a very nice week with Teags and I found it very difficult to come home. When can I visit next!?

    xox

    By Blogger div, at 7:35 am  

  • Ohh and you made the same mistake I made on the night. Thats the second entree not the main. :P

    I was so full and then they tell me there is still the main and desert to come. My tummy had never been punished so bad.

    It was all so yummy though it had to be done!

    By Blogger div, at 7:38 am  

  • nice one bruvva, nice one

    good to hear some news about you guys.

    and that pic of tegan with the lights behind her is a frikking amazing shot. good work dave.

    -glenno

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:18 am  

  • Thanks dude

    Its not hard when dealing with such a beautiful lady in a beautiful city!

    By Blogger div, at 10:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home