Ciao People!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Mes Vacances

We left Chantilly Thursday morning (17.08) and started our car trip to the region of Bretagne, which is located northwest corner of France Bretagne is known for it's delicious crêpes, cider, tradional costumes and Celtic music. We drove along the seaside, through many pretty little villages along the way. That night we stayed in Rennes, it took us three hours to find a place to stay because everything was ‘complet’ or booked out. The next day we explored Rennes a little before continuing our journey to Bretagne. Friday evening we arrived at Giséle’s mother’s place in Porspoder, right on the coast with a fantastic view of the ocean and lighthouse. I can tell you I'm definately eating well, during our stay we ate lots of fish and I even had some prawns and mussels - all home cooked!

Here's some holiday pics...


About the second house from the left (the pink one) is the grandmother's house where I stayed for a week.


A closer view of the house.


The view from their backyard, you can also see their veggie patch.


The view from the bedroom I slept in.


Löic!


Lucas and Giséle!


The beach near their house.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Teags! Looks like you had a good working holiday. The beach is nothing on Av, though a very pretty spot. Did you go for a swim at all? Its been really nice weather this last week in England. Ever since Glenn left its been quite hot a sunny in the day, but real cold at night.

    By Blogger div, at 11:00 pm  

  • Hi Teag's... all that seafood sounds divine, lucky you!
    Great to see the pics- how cute are the boys :)!! Hope they are behaving for you.
    How is your French speaking going? It must be really coming along now.
    Glad to hear you and Dave have had nice weather, it hasn't stopped raining here in the last three days... I'm off to the Dendy now, because well, there aint much else to do in the rain. All my love, Mel xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home