Ciao People!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

What's Next?

I'm not sure if all of you know... From Tuesday 15 August, I will be living with a family working as an Au Pair (like a nanny) in Chantilly, a town north of Paris, about 30-40 minutes by train. Apparently Chantilly is known for it's horses!

I will be looking after two 3 year old boys, Loic and Lucas and teaching english to Mathilde who is 15. I will also attend language classes to help me with french. I don't think they speak much english (which is good for me to learn), when I rang up the mother Gisele I had to try to speak French, mine is very limited. I think pretty much as soon as I arrive I will be going on holidays with the family to Brittany, the north west region in France.

It's come up soo quickly! It's getting scary, I'll be all on my own.

While I'm living in France, Dave is flying over the the UK where he will travel and work. He is trying to get a job in a ski resort somewhere for the winter. The main reason being so he can spend his freetime snowboarding! He's sent off some applications to some companies but no luck so far. Hey Justine, would Lauren know of a company or the best way to find job? Any help would be great!! :)

Will write again soon!

2 Comments:

  • Most of the companies that organise the snow jobs for english speaking people are based in the UK. I'm hoping to work in maybe Austria or Switzerland.

    By Blogger div, at 5:02 am  

  • Hey guys,
    I'll try to speak to Lauren to see if she knows of anything. She organised a summer job before she left with a company called Sunsail. from that she got a winter job in France through their other company called First Choice (the winter version of Sunsail) I think. Both those companies were English so you might have some luck there. Hope that helps a bit, it prob won't though :( sorry

    I'll try to talk to her this weekend but I don't know how much help she will be as she organised her work before she left Aus.

    Teag your job sounds like it might be a bit scary at first but Im sure it will be awesome. I mean how bad can it be if it starts off with a holiday?

    I'll talk more later but at the moment I gotta go to bed as its 4:30am and I have to be up early tomorrow :/

    By Blogger The Doctor, at 4:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home